6 September 2011
We are pleased to announce the release of Print Distributor 5.2.
This release contains a number of new features including:
- Improved performance, if you are writing very large print files then the performance has been improved significantly.
- Installer and un-installer performance is improved along with the reliability.
- The log window now supports hyper-links and highlighting. You can now click on a write file entry in the log and as long as Windows has a file association the document is opened automatically.
- Virtual printers now have a context menu that lets you set the printer properties, configure the default settings, edit the printer, delete the printer and print a test page.
- Test pages now produce the Windows default page instead of the simple text test.
- Adding and changing virtual printers is now transactional, if the operation fails for some reason any previous changes are automatically rolled back.
- Driver information is now passed through to actions when they are created and configured, this has allowed us to introduce a number of usability improvements.
As well as the new features there are a number of bug fixes and general enhancements.
Print Distributor 5.2 is a free upgrade for 5.0 and 5.1 owners. 3.xx and 4.xx users can upgrade at www.frogmorecs.com/upgrades
A free trial of Print Distributor 5.2 can be downloaded from here