4 January 2021
Print Distributor 2021 is here and includes the following new features:
- A new Ghostscript reprint action lets you reprint to different types of printer. This will also allow you to print and create a PDF file.
- The Write File action now has a retry property. This is useful when writing to a network path.
- A new rule allows you to test against PowerShell expressions.
- Templates now support embedded PowerShell scripts.
There are also many general enhancements including:
- GhostScript ps2pdf now creates a temporary PDF file first then moves it into place. This is more reliable and gives better feedback if an error occurs.
- The “Force Quit” button is enabled when stopping the Print Distributor service.
- We Added a property to the Load Balancing action to only print to empty printers. This stops all the jobs queueing on the active printer when one printer goes down.
- Enabling the foreground service to start automatically is now set from a Service menu item.
- Installing and uninstalling the Windows service changes the foreground service auto start property.
- The progress form is now DPI independent.
- Creating printers now uses a two stage initialisation for a smoother user interface.
- There are various Improvements to logging.
- Various bug fixes.
Print Distributor is now dependent on the .Net Framework version 4.8.
As always this is a free update for users with version 5.0 and later.